When it was released in 1974, Rubik’s Cube has been a huge hit all over the world. It was a simple toy, but who would even dream that Rubik’s Cube will be used to produce energy?
In a recent scenario, Vodafone was held responsible for supplying a Mariposa botnet malware and other threats on HTC Magic Android Smartphones. It was noticed that a smartphone supplied by Vodafone’s Spanish division was attempting to make a backdoor entry into the systems during the synchronization process to steal critical information.
The news became widespread as the customer affected is an employee of Spanish anti-virus firm Panda Security. The extra code had been devised to generate information from systems not concerned with the recent detaining of three suspected botmasters in Spain. However, Vodafone acknowledged the problem and claimed it to be a totally isolated incident.
David Meyer from ZDNet UK recently got a chance to check out the newest HTC Magic, the second Android smartphone to arrive here in the UK. The below are a few shots from ZDNet which both compares it with its predecessor, the HTC T-Mobile G1 and shows you what neat features the new Android platform version 1.5 will include.
Due to land with Vodafone soon in Spring is the latest Google Android operating phone from HTC, the HTC Magic. For a start, this new magical phone as you can see doesn’t have any kind of sliding keyboard, its got a 3.2-inch HVGA screen, HDSPA, GPS, 3.2 megapixel camera and a G1-style trackball.
Details on pricing and availability of the HTC Magic will of course vary according to local Vodafone markets, but pricing in Spain will be from 99 to 199 Euros, depending on contract. UK will be one of the first markets to receive the Magic in April, then Spain, Germany, France and Italy, the phone will be a timed exclusive with Vodafone.
So here’s a quick summary of the HTC Magic’s main specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM7201a, 528MHz.
- Memory: 512MB ROM, 192MB RAM.
- Dimensions: 4.45 x 2.17 x 0.45-inches.
- Weight: 4.18 ounces with battery.
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA 900 / 2100MHz (no love for the States) with 2Mbps up, 7.2Mbps down; quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz.
- Display: 3.2-inch TFT-LCD HVGA 480×320
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi, mini USB, and GPS
- Input: Trackball with Enter button, Capacitive touchscreen with on-screen keyboard (both portrait and landscape)
More images in the gallery below…