The hugely popular NVIDIA Ion-platform based Acer Aspire Revo recently got unboxed by the folks over at Engadget. Despite being a Mac user, I too wanted to see how well this rather portable nettop design by NVIDA-Acer works. Unfortunately, it was only an engineering sample which Engadget have commented that it could be “buggy”, so far they haven’t yet updated any further info on its performance. Nonetheless, its looking good and we reckon it should live up to its expectations so far.
World of Warcraft (WoW) on the iPhone? Yes, you read it correctly! This isn’t necessarily a new app for the iPhone though. What you see in the picture and the video below is actually WoW being streamed to the iPhone via the iPhone’s 3G connection. What we understand from this is that, the actual online game is running on the PC but with the help of Vollee, WoW can be successfully streamed and yes, played on the iPhone 3G. It looks like from the video, most features of the game can be played and the speed looks pretty smooth taking into consideration it is 3G. Continue reading »
Continue reading »
For those who didn’t have time to visit the NEC for the first ever Gadget Show Live in the past weekend, check out our full coverage of the Gadget Show Live!
- Latest Samsung LED TV Series 6 and 7 have arrived
- Google O3D: a 3D graphics plug in for browsers
- World of Warcraft (WoW) 3.1.1 Patch notes released
Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far, the above were some of the gadgets and tech we featured this week. Its not always possible to talk about them all here at GadgetLite so the list of links from our neighbouring friends’ blogs below hopefully gives you a bit more for your craving needs! If you own a tech, gadget blog yourself you can always Twitter us some links to be shared and featured in this list, for now have a good weekend everyone!
Just a reminder, anyone can take part in our current free gadget giveaway: Free gadget giveaway: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 8GB Memory Stick Micro M2 Card with USB Reader, the contest will end by 30th April, this month, there’s just a few days left to enter! We look forward to hearing and seeing comments from everyone!
- YI earphones : Tangle-free, just zip it up!
- Handmade Wooden iPhone 3G Case | Coolest Gadget Reviews
- Earth Day Graphics: 30 Creative Environment Ads
- Robot lawnmower now smart enough to text you if it gets in trouble | DVICE
- Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody Remake with Computer Hardware | Walyou
- Orange unpeels UK’s ‘smallest, lightest’ touchscreen talker • Register Hardware
- LG Renoir KC910 available in pink in UK
- Necktie Spy Camera | Geeky Gadgets
- Kinesis K3 Solar and Wind Charger for your Phone
- fc mobile 2 the best portable nes gets a 1up on [technabob]
- Cooliris V1.10 Released – 3D Online Photo Gallery
- NVIDIA rolls out Quadro FX 4800 graphics card for Mac Pro users
- Top 25 Gadgets for Men 2009
- The Strike (Fishing Gaming Just Got Reel)
- White Leica M8 priced | Electricpig.co.uk
Update (31/04/2009): Thanks to those who got in touch, we’ve now posted some videos of Samsung’s new LED TVs which may be of interest.
Long gone are the days when every household would queue up to upgrade to the latest trend of LCD / plasma television sets. Samsung have now upped their game by launching their latest LED (that’s right, Light Emitting Diode) widescreen tellies.
Just a quick reminder to readers who haven’t yet taken part (and we know there are many of you!), don’t hide away in your feed readers because we’re giving away a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 8GB Memory Stick Micro M2 Card with USB Reader completely free.
This contest is open to everyone and not just subscribers and will end at the end of this month!
Google released a new software called O3D yesterday. It is a broswer plug-in which will bring accelerated 3D graphics to browsers such as Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE), Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari , Linux and Google’s Chrome. Google O3D works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Google hopes that the technology will be built directly into browsers eventually.
A video of Goggle O3D demo after the break.
Sharp has unveiled its latest and very impressive netbook: Mebius NJ70A. It is expected that Sharp will be announcing Mebius NJ70A in the coming press conference soon. Some of the features include 10.1″ display with an Atom N270 CPU, and Intel 945GSE Express Chipest, 160GB of HDD and web cam. Most importantly, it features an integrated 4″ optical sensor LCD with led backlight and 853 x 480 resolution, one of the first to be seen in a netbook! The Mebius NJ70A netbook will be in stores in Japan within the next couple of month.
Gallery and more information about Mebius NJ70A netbook after the jump.