The Samsung Omnia has really come a long way since it was first released. Phonearena have put together a nice video review of the latest version of the Omnia, the Omnia HD i8910. Not only does it have a competitive eight megapixel camera with flash, HD video recording and playback, a surprisingly good battery life, and a form factor that’s not too hard on the pocket, measuring in at just a wee bit taller and thicker than the HTC Touch HD. You will also see from the video that its AMOLED looks brilliant, highly responsive to touch and seems simple and easy to get use to.
Check out the video review by Phonearena:
Oh sweet lord, a new a$$ kicking trailer of the upcoming Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is out and yes, we’ve got it embedded below in high definition.
Here are just two of the screenies from the trailer – Optimus gets seriously wrecked like he always does and Megan Fox looking sexy!
The LG Viewty Smart carries on the heritage of the first LG Viewty which was one of the first full touchscreen mobiles to sport a five-megapixel camera and direct video upload onto YouTube. Having sold over 6.5 million units worldwide, the second incarnation of Viewty offers even greater enjoyment while viewing and sharing, in addition to taking still and moving pictures, with a number of upgraded features in addition to its Intelligent Shot Mode. Main features of the new LG Viewty Smart GC900 include an 8 megapixel sensor with sensitivity up to ISO 1600, a higher resolution WVGA touchscreen, a more intelligent image processor and LGs easy-to-use S-Class User Interface (UI).
Checkout the video from LG below:
- Avoid the pandemic: Free Swine Flu Tracker app for iPhone geeks
- Tracking Swine Flu pandemic on Google Maps
- Winner of SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick giveaway is…
- Sony launches new bluetooth headphone range
- Video: Official GI Joe Rise of Cobra movie trailer is out
- ideo: Giant Lego ball built by Mythbusters
- Acer Aspire Revo rival: New Asus EeeBOX B208 nettop
- DSLR fight: Canon EOS Rebel T1i and Nikon D5000 specs comparison
- iPhone carpentry: Handmade wooden iPhone case
- Gallery: HTC Magic vs HTC T-Mobile G1, Android smartphones compared
- Videos: Samsung LED TV
- Rumor: New iPhone Lite and Apple Media Pad
- iPhone novelty fun: Star Trek iPhone case mod
- LG GD900 Crystal arriving the UK as soon as May
- Leaked: Latest Snow Leopard build records on screen activities
- Pricey leather cases by Vaja for Sony VAIO P Series
- Funny stuff: iPhone vs Palm Pre
- Geeky political gadgets: Holographic Obama USB flash drive
- Video: Unboxing and hands on HTC Touch Diamond2
- Gallery: Acer Aspire Revo unboxed
- Latest Samsung LED TV Series 6 and 7 have arrived
Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far, the above were some of the gadgets and tech we featured this week. Its not always possible to talk about them all here at GadgetLite so the list of links from our neighbouring friends’ blogs below hopefully gives you a bit more for your craving needs! If you own a tech, gadget blog yourself you can always Twitter us some links to be shared and featured in this list, for now have a good weekend everyone!
- Gizmodo – 10 Gadgets That Can Protect You From The Swine Flu Pandemic – Swine flu
- PeeWee Pivot Tablet PC
- Wiimote chocolate bar
- Nautica Yachtimer NST Gents Watch (50% Off)
- Digital Scarecrow With Motion Activated Sensor | Coolest Gadget Reviews
- Top 7 Mac Desktop Twitter Apps
- MID Concept Device Challenges Netbooks
- Get SMS Updates about Swine Flu – News – Mobile Maven
- Energizer Induction Charge Station Wii | Gaming | Gear
- Copper Steampunk USB Jump Drive | Geeky Gadgets
We’ve also got a new gadget prize draw up and running, this time three winners will be chosen, so be sure to head over and take a look:
With such great responses to our recent free gadget giveaway, we’re now throwing in another prize draw and remember, anyone can take part as long as you follow the three simple steps below.
Unlike our last giveaway, this time we are going to be randomly drawing three winners. So here are the three prizes we’ve put up for grabs, completely free for this new contest.
A Cyber Clean Cleaning Compound, we featured this handy must have cleaning kit when we took part in the first Gadget Show Live event a few weeks ago. Its great for those (like everyone) who eat in front of their computers all the time, someone once told me that the keyboard has as much bacteria as the toilet seat, I wonder if that could be true?
Anyway, here is what it looks like:
For the second prize, we’ve got a pair (two per pack) of “Wrappz” for the iPhone 3G. For those who have no idea what that is, these are like protective stickers. Printed using the latest digital techniques, wrappz are made of Patented 3M vinyl, allowing easy application and can be seaminglessly removed whenever you want in case you don’t like it, they don’t leave any residue once removed. To give your Wrappz the ultimate protection, a hard wearing laminate is applied giving your device extra armour against daily wear and tear. For more info on how these work, check out the FAQ here…
Here is what it looks like:
For our third prize, we’re giving away 2,000 Entrecard credits. For those who have their own blogs, Entrecard is an excellent friendly, online community which can help you promote and kickstart your site with traffic, by using these credits you’ll be able to start purchasing ads from other users as soon as you sign up.
How to Enter
Anyone can take part, anywhere worldwide is fine, all you need to do is:
- Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up to date with us and whether you’ve won!
- Leave a comment below with a valid email address (your email won’t be given out) so that we can contact you if you’re the winner, tell us through which method you have subscribed (whether it is email or through a RSS reader).
- Follow us on Twitter if you’re already a Twitter user, just in case we can’t get in touch with you through email, we will also be announcing our winner and future contests / giveaways via our Twitter!
- That’s it!
- Optional – if you’re a blogger yourself and have abit of free time, do a quick post about this giveaway, it will be much appreciated!
This giveaway has now ended (17th of May), winners will be contacted shortly!
Sony have unveiled the BRAVIA Z5500, the newest member of the Motionflow 200Hz family. Like the BRAVIA WE5, the Z5500 also has a number of eco-aware features as well as an ethernet port for adding applicast RSS feeds and downloading widgets. The Z5500 also includes the energy saving switch that was unveiled with the WE5 model, check out the full press release after the jump.
Although we published a way to track online the movement of the Swine flu pandemic using Google Maps a few days ago, it is by no means the only way to follow news of the new H1N1 virus and its spread. Tech savvy, or more specifically iPhone (and iPod Touch) users, will soon be able to download an app called the Swine Flu Tracker off the App Store. While, it is still currently in queue to be approved by Apple, there is no doubt that the developer IntuApps will be quickly credited by popularity for creating this app amongst all the Swine flu craze.
Continue reading »
Continue reading »