The name says it all! WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Edition is the Microsoft Windows based DVD ripping software that can handle all your ripping requirements. If you want to transfer some of your favorite movies from your laptop to your mobile then WinX DVD ripper will convert (as we say it in geeky terms ‘rip’) that movie to the format (and size) that will be bearable for your small little mobile. To add value to the software the makers have included the 1:1 DVD copy option using which you can backup your DVDs before your kids end up scratching them to their best. Even your subtitles, audio, and true video quality will be backed up as is without any noise interfering.
You might have used DVD ripping softwares that lets you complete the ripping process with the help of few simple clicks (and few hours of ripping ofcourse). I am pretty sure that the simplicity of such ripping softwares is enough to mesmerize its users and thus take lead in terms of competition but what users don’t understand is that they can play with plenty of settings of the dvd ripping software (if permitted) henceforth converting the outcome of dvd ripping process as a masterpiece. Though it might take some time initially when you are altering the settings of your newly installed dvd ripping software but the end result of your hardwork will prove worthwhile. And you don’t even need to be a geek to understand those settings. Just a bit of common sense will do!
Well, the design ain’t that flashy but I appreciate the looks as I hate being lost in the Godly looks of any software (Windows Vista for instance) henceforth missing out on some of the interesting features of the same. The best part about the looks of this software is the hardwork that the makers might have done to give WinX DVD ripper the ugly look which it has as of now. It has all possible shades of grey and it will never strain your eyes (even if you try hard for the same) thus making it a possible choice for parents who care for their kid’s eyes.
Once you are done enjoying dull (but easy going) design of your newly downloaded WinX DVD ripper software then you might want to give a shot to its not so dull interface. The complete WinX DVD ripper software with all its numerable features get wrapped up in one small window and can be controlled by few buttons and a couple of sliders (mostly to handle volume as per your requirements.) Some time back I did talk about some extra features that users should try in WinX DVD ripper but I also pointed out that those features aren’t as complex as they sound. Well, I was pretty serious when I said that. All that you got to do is start clicking around once you have WinX DVD ripper software installed in your system and you will soon find yourself to be the next ripper king! Enough with the look and feel of WinX DVD ripper platinum edition. Let us now discuss the real core of the same – the features.
I did some googling for WinX DVD ripper platinum edition and one major problem which was being faced by every user was that WinX DVD ripper won’t let them name their output files as per their requirements. Not sure if that was the case with older versions or if they missed out on the rename button but the latest version of WinX DVD ripper platinum edition has a rename button which will let you name your end results with every possible details being included in them. Though it won’t let you give a completely custom name to your output file like “my-movie.” This might be a requirement for few but not for all considering the fact that most of us prefer including most of the technical details of the movie in its name (at least I prefer it that way so that I don’t get lost in the collection of over thousand movies that I have.)
See the image above? See how complex (not really!) and how constructive your collection can be if you actively utilize the rename feature of Winx DVD Ripper Platinum edition. You can take complete control of your collection without losing target (of collecting thousands of ripped movies and remembering which is kept where.)
Next comes the ripping feature (finally) and that is easiest too like all other features. For those who like to keep things complex WinX DVD ripper software has few basic buttons that will start the ripping process in minutes. On the other hand those who love to make things complex WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Edition has few enhance features (that we have listed below) which will make the ripping process fast and give you the tag of a geek!
- Intelligent A/V Synchronizer - Though this sounds a bit complex but all this feature does is synchronize the voice of your video with the video if in case it isn’t in the original video. I am not sure how it would do that but it actually does that thus making life easier for those who have messed up their ripped videos due to weird softwares that they used.
- Safe Mode - If you don’t trust Microsoft Windows then you can use safe mode (of the software and not Windows) which will force the software to skip some of the unknown problems that might pop up in between mostly due to our very own Microsoft Windows.
- Progressive Scanning - You can guide the software to use progressive scanning instead of the usual interlaced scanning. End result of progressive scanning will be a clearer image than what you might get otherwise.
- Multi Core CPU - It won’t provide you with double CPU so stop jumping! This means that the software supports multi core CPUs thus making the ripping process pretty fast.
- Lastly, you can rip DVDs to almost every possible formats and to almost every possible device that you can think of. Start ripping!
All in all, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Edition is the one stop software for all kinds of DVD rips that you want to perform but it does need some possible improvements. The developers are one good team of intelligent coders that have come up with an interesting software and I am pretty sure that they won’t let anyone point fingers on them so they got to improve the quality just a bit more than what it already is (see cons below.)
- Easy going interface.
- Plenty of options for varied requirements of its huge user base.
- Ripping with just few clicks makes the software a lot more interesting.
- The batch rename process.
- The help interface was pretty explanatory.
- $29.95 for the platinum edition is not so bad considering the numerable features.
- Sometimes WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Edition can end up consuming more CPU resources than you would expect.
- Rare cases of the software crashing in between (though the Safe Mode helps a lot.)
- No on-call support (they can charge a bit for that but they should have the on-call support.)
- No preview option for the output file.
- No themes option available for those who love to enjoy funky looking themes.