Here is another one of Google’s latest features to be released, Google Latitude. What Google Latitude does is that it lets you see your friends on a map within Google Maps for mobile and iGoogle. Of course, the person you want to see on the map will need to have the appropriate gadget, and you must have their permission first in order to see where they are.
An example of its use could be to plan a meetup with someone anywhere nearby at a point on the map, or see that a loved one has got home safely or just stay in touch (or spy) with friends!
Here’s a video of it in action…
Before you head over to try it out, you need to know that Google Latitude currently supports the following devices:
- Android-powered devices, such as the T-Mobile G1
- iPhone and iPod touch devices (coming soon)
- most color BlackBerry devices
- most Windows Mobile 5.0+ devices
- most Symbian S60 devices (Nokia smartphones)
- many Java-enabled (J2ME) mobile phones, such as Sony Ericsson devices (coming soon)