As you may be aware, the latest 1.1.3 jailbreak for both the iPhone and the iPod Touch on Windows and Mac have raised awareness that it was released by ‘Nate True’ and not the iPhone dev team. Many feel concerned that there may be a possibility that both these methods may prevent the future installation of official third party applications (with good reason, read on below) which will be created by the soon to come Apple SDK, software development kit… this makes Nate’s jailbreaks not so good, I’m sorry to say.
However, now that the official 1.1.3 jailbreak from dev team have been released, I strongly recommend you take the necessary steps in switching over to this jailbreak. A few reasons, one mainly being the jailbreak method released by ‘Nate True’ is tantamount to software piracy or copyright infringement and I strongly suggest this should be avoided. Secondly, if you choose to use this official iPhone dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak, there will be much more support in case anything goes wrong in the near future. Plus, dev team is already ‘secretly’ working on a future update which has been said to NOT cause ‘Nikita’ to breakdown. Nikita is the crucial component on the iPhone / iPod Touch responsible for installing signed official software, such as the iPod App Pack and SDK applications in the near future. And it is this component which ‘Nate True’s jailbreak has disrupted.
So here is what you need to do inorder to have the official 1.1.3 jailbreak on board:
- You need to ensure first that you have downgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbroken it. Here click for best instructions on doing this
- Now for applying the update itself, download this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/86938563/Jailbreak-1.1.3.tar.gz.html
- Set Auto-Lock to ?Never? in your settings to prevent the Phone from locking and shutting down your connection
- This installer downloads a significant amount of data from Apple?s website. Be sure you have WiFi turned on so that you don?t use your mobile connection – or you?ll be sitting there a while!
- Be sure to perform this upgrade with the charge cable connected
After you have done the steps above:
- Copy this entire distribution (all files) to / on your iPhone/iPod Touch So you will have /update-prebinding-path.txt and so on. Use this command to copy the files: scp -r ./* root@YOURIPHONEIPADDRESS:/
- Run the install.sh script on your iPhone sh install.sh
- The device will perform an upgrade and reboot into 1.1.3
Here is what the dev team says:
If something DOES go wrong, restore back to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken and try again. If you get something like illegal hardware instruction, just try rebooting and it should be updated to 1.1.3. If you don’t get service, try a forced-power-down then power back on.
Many people ramble about car cd mp3 players all year long but are ignorant of the basic cell phone facts. They don? know the basics of how cell phone communicate our status to the outer world. Just because they know about the out-dated-ness of desktop computer and have used digital cameras, they think the world of themselves.